The dryer will not work properly if the drum is not supported by two rollers. These rollers or wheels are usually made of metal with a rubber or nylon rim. These rollers can wear out and prevent the dryer from functioning properly. You can service dryer drum rollers by following these steps
- If the rollers squeak but the dryer is still functioning properly, use a few drops of non-detergent motor oil. However, if the rollers are worn, replacement might be necessary.
- Take off the front of the cabinet. You can see the rollers held by a spring clip to the metal shaft.
- Remove these rollers. Pry the spring clip using a screwdriver to get them out.
- Locate the washer under the clip, and another one under the rollers. If needed, remove a small nut located at the back of the shaft.
- Remove the rollers from the shaft, then proceed by cleaning any lint or dirt build-up. If the rollers cannot be reached, remove the shaft itself.
- Install the new rollers. Make sure that you replace the rollers and the washers properly.
Share on Facebook