Is your washing machine leaking from the front door, or is your door seal ridden with mold? Replacing your door seal may be the best option. Here’s how
- Locate the outer clamp band which secures the seal to the edge of the washing machine. This can often be carefully removed with a flat-head screw driver. Others have a tensioning arrangement that must be loosened.
- Find the inner clamp band. You may need to remove a clip securing it, or it may be necessary to pry it off with a flat-head screw driver.
- Use both hands to pull the existing seal from your washing machine. Ensure that there is nothing else obstructing you from removing the seal.
- Applying a small amount of fabric softener into the groove where the previous seal was often helps with fitting the new seal.
- If your clamp band doesn’t have a tensioner, begin installing the new seal starting from the bottom, using both hands to fasten it to the washing machine working towards the top.
Share on Facebook