Refrigerator leaks can come from beneath the front of the refrigerator. This can be caused by the dripping pan or water dispenser inlet line. Here’s how you can get rid of this leak
- Always start by unplugging the refrigerator.
- Inspect whether the inlet line at the bottom of the water dispenser has any leaks. All connections should be tightened if this part is leaking.
- If after tightening all connections there is still a leak in the line, check for any holes or cracks. Replacement is necessary if this is the case.
- Remove the vent cover to gain access to the drip pan underneath your refrigerator.
- Check if the drip pan is in place and position it properly if not.
- Look for any cracks or holes. If any are found, you need a new drip pan, which you can buy from many hardware stores.
- Gently pull the drip pan towards you. They are usually easy to slide out. If there are any obstructions (screws, for example), make sure not to force it.
- Line up the new drip plan and slide it in. Use a light to ensure that the drip plan is in place correctly.
- Turn your refrigerator back on.
Share on Facebook