Have you experienced turning on your dryer just to notice that it isn’t doing anything at all? If the motor is running but the drum isn’t rotating you probably need to replace the belt. Here’s how:
- Start by removing the front cabinet panel and lifting the entire drum out.
- Use a vacuum and suck out all the lint.
- Try spinning the tensioner roller by hand. See if it runs without any problems. Also look for any cracks.
- If the tensioner doesn’t work, replace it.
- Put back the drum and wrap a new belt around it. The ribs should be facing the drum.
- If the tensioner on your dryer model is mounted behind the motor, you will need to do this by feel since it’s difficult to see past the front access panel. Lift the tensioner by reaching your hand around the blower and rotate the belt around the pulley.
Share on Facebook